Creating a Double-Page Spread Image by Merging Two Scanned Images (Mac OS)
Merge two scanned images to create a single double-page spread image in [Merge Pages] in ScanSnap Home.
Only the images of documents that you scanned with the ScanSnap can be edited.
The following combinations of images can be merged:
Selecting two content data records, each of which contains a single-page image in a PDF format
Selecting two content data records, each of which contains a single-file image in a JPEG format
You cannot merge images in PDF format which are protected with security settings such as a password even if they are scanned with the ScanSnap.
Clear the security settings on a PDF editing software such as Kofax Power PDF Standard for Mac or Nuance Power PDF Standard for Mac.
Clear the security settings on a PDF editing software.
When the selected image in a PDF format contains text information, the created double-page spread image will not contain the text information from the original image.
- Display the Main Window of ScanSnap Home.
Click the [ScanSnap Home] icon in the application list that appears when you click Launchpad in the Dock.
- In the content data record list view, select two content data records to merge an image in one content data record and an image in another content data record.
Select the content data records while holding down the [command ] key or [Shift] key.
- In the menu that appears when you click the content data records while holding down the [control] key, select [Tools] → [Merge Pages].
- Select two pages to be merged in the Pages Panel in the [ScanSnap Page Merger] window.
Select the pages while holding down the [command ] key or [Shift] key.
- Click the [Merge Pages] button to switch Preview to a double-page spread view.
Change the vertical/horizontal arrangement of the pages so that the merged image looks as you want.
- Click the [Combine] button to merge the selected pages.
- Click the [Save] button.
- Check the title name and click the [Save] button.
The two images are merged, and a single double-page spread image is created.
The size, resolution, and color mode are automatically adjusted for the merged image.